Costa Mesa, CA 92626
The Materials Coordinator is responsible for the efficient and effective operation of the materials and to support the production department. Responsible for the overall purchasing process and administrator of the purchase order system. This position will also maintain timely and accurate inventory of goods levels and manage the work flow of the materials for the production department. Responsible for supporting the maintenance of existing items within the product catalog of finished goods. The role ensures the documentation requirements are in place to not interrupt production schedules and that goods are delivered per the agreed terms and conditions.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Create, transmit, review and track purchase orders and supporting documents to vendor.
- Communicate risk items internally to prevent shortage and out of stock situations, provide visibility to any potential interruptions to open orders.
- Tracks orders and confirms vendor lead times, delivery data and maintains current costs.
- Acts as a liaison between vendors and Accounting and resolve invoicing discrepancies to streamline vendor payouts. Checks for accuracy of invoices for goods received.
- Coordinates RMAs and return shipments for incorrect, damaged or unwanted materials.
- Pull and compile data for analysis and decision making including costs comparisons received from vendors.
- Maintain acceptable levels of items on site via regular consumption and inventory monitoring.
- Review and update all asset lists, vendor contact lists, inventories, and price lists regularly.
- Develop procedures to ensure inventory accuracy and movement.
- Create and train all employees on how to use Tigerpaw and forms for accurate inventory movement and Purchasing Department procedures.
- Categories Overstock (inventoried parts) VS Install Supplies (non-inventoried).
- Perform semi-annual physical inventory checks to find out shrink and asset value.
- Organize all inventory
- Maintain quantities of Overstock and install supplies in each van.
- Create minimum and maximum quantities for Overstock and install supplies in WH1 and vehicles.
- Create stocked Install Kits for various types of installs performed. (Alarm, Lighting Control, Surveillance, etc).
- Inventory Accuracy.
- Receives and processes all inventory.
- Maintains all tools and their inventory.
- Maintains all assets and their inventory.
- Maintains clean and clutter free warehouse.
- Set out job boxes for each days scheduled Service Orders.
- Creates and maintains reports on inventory levels and shipment status.
- 401K and FSA Programs
- PTO and Paid Holidays
- Employee Purchase Programs
Go to all jobs